FAIMER family


Last year I had the amazing opportunity to start a FAIMER fellowship in the beautiful city of Santiago, Chile. I started this program with a proposal to develop a VR setting to contribute to a patient safety culture. For me, it was a personal journey, as I got involved in this theme because my family and I experienced it in first hand when my mom had surgery.

This project, allowed me to get to know the FAIMER family. This program was developed to improve world health through education, through a powerful community of very committed people.  These family, that I did not know that I had, were willing to provide feedback, learn together, and sometimes even being a shoulder to cry on. In this learning community, I have met the kindest people I have ever known, but most importantly, we are dreaming together about how to make the world a better place. I wouldn’t dare to say we have everything figured out, but we are doing something.



I want to share a picture with you of last AMEE conference, where we got to meet FAIMER fellows from all the different institutes. It was an incredible feeling, as I found out that I had so many cousins and aunts, that I haven’t met. Do you see any familiar faces?  





Are you currently enrolled in a learning community? Where? 



If you want to learn more about the program, click here:

If you want to learn more about the patient safety project:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Faculty Development for me?

Professional culture